Patchcamp November 2006 revisions
If you compare the existing version of The Patch Collector’s Base Camp with the updated version that’s scheduled to go live on December 1 there aren’t many easily noticeable differences. In fact, the changes may not even seem significant enough to warrant testing by a select group of users. But be assured that many hours of efforts have gone into updating and modernizing the Base Camp. Here’s a list of the changes and new features in case you’d like some clues to what’s new:
- Transferred site to new host (Wirenine.com).
- Set up and implemented Google-powered custom search engine that specifically searches only Scout patch related web sites.
- Began migration to CSS styling to reduce page loading times and simplify appearance revisions.
- Implemented custom bullets and mouseover thumbnail popups for linked sites (powered by Websnapr and Brian McAllister’s Link Preview script).
- Installed Google Analytics for traffic analysis and outbound link tracking.
- Added persistent “back to top” icon on right side (code courtesy Brian McAllister).
- Added subclassifications and revised some category titles for clarification.
- Removed dead links, added several new sites, including:
- Clothtalk (podcast)
- World Jamboree 2007 (UK Site)
- 21st World Scout Jamboree (US Site)
- World Jamboree Collectors Society
- World Jamboree 2007 Scout Shop (UK)
- Collectibles Insurance
- Camp Patch
- Blue Book VI PDF Generator
- Blue Book VI Lodge Selector
- Tri-Arrow Products
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.